Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Planet Earth, Earth Noises



I stole my dad's copy of BBC's Planet Earth over the holidays and am making my way through it for the first time now. I know I'm not the first to say this but I'm constantly amazed by the footage. (Seriously, how did they pull this off?) The plots are riveting. David Attenborough's narration is pitch-perfect.

We live in a beautiful world.

On a similar note, I just came across Cornell Macaulay Library's scientific archive of audio and video nature recordings (the world's largest and oldest) - it's now all online for the first time, and it's remarkably thorough and interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The exchange of ideas is a key part of the human experience, don't you think? I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...