Thursday, January 28, 2010

J.D. Salinger


Just got word that J.D. Salinger has died at the ripe age of 91. That elusive man of mystery!
It makes me so sad to hear it, but at the same time, I'm excited that there is a possibility that many more of his pieces will be published now. Rumor has it that he has a file cabinet of written work that he wanted to publish after his death.

Seymour Glass has got to be one of my favorite characters in all of literature.
He can be found in this perfect, heartbreaking story - The Perfect Day for Bananafish.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way. Sad, yet excited to see what else he wrote.

    ReplyDelete

The exchange of ideas is a key part of the human experience, don't you think? I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...