Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

I just saw Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
Such a beautifully imaginative movie. Like Wow. Terrific production / costume design.
During the first 3/4 of it, I felt that this was exactly the kind of movie I would make if I had the chance. During the last 1/4, the movie sort of sputtered, which is a real shame. I hate it when that happens, when you are like, 'But the movie could have really gone places! I was there!'
The movie is magical nonetheless. Have you seen any good movies lately?

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I can't wait to see this! Even if the story sputters it sounds like it's worth it just for the visuals. Sadly I haven't seen anything good in the theaters as of late, but I did rent La Vie En Rose this weekend (finally!!!) and it is fantastic!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to see this movie. I'm a little sad it's putters out at the end, but I think I'll see it anyway.

    this weekend i saw "A Town Called Panic" it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally worth seeing on the big screen. I can't get the movie out of my head!

    Kate: La Vie en Rose - I love that movie, One scene that sticks out in my memory is the scene where it transitions from her weeping in her house looking for her lover to her standing on the stage. That scene was perfect, don't you think? It said so much.

    Abigail: Yes yes see it and let me know what you think! I think you'll like it. I haven't heard of 'A Town Called Panic' - I'll most definitely look into it pronto!

    ReplyDelete

The exchange of ideas is a key part of the human experience, don't you think? I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...